Install Magento2 on Windows using Xampp – Beginner’s Guide
Looking for E-commerce platform with an array of useful features?
Magento 2 is the definitely right choice for your e-commerce store. If you are finding difficulties while installing it, then you have come to the right place.
For this tutorial, I am installing Magento 2.1.4 on my localhost using Xampp.
1) Technology stack requirements
– Apache 2.2 or 2.4 – Download from here.
– PHP 5.6.5–5.6.x, 7.0.2, 7.0.4, 7.0.6–7.0.x
– MySQL 5.7
2) Download Magento2
– Go to the official website and download Magento in your preferred format.
– Create a folder named ‘Magento’ at xampp/htdocs and extract your Magento archive at xampp/htdocs/magento/.
3) Configure php.ini file
– Go to your php.ini file and search for ‘extension=php_intl.dll’ and ‘extension=php_xsl.dll’, and remove the semicolon “;” from the beginning as shown below.
– Go to phpMyAdmin and create a database with the name magento2.
4) Install Magento2
– Open the web browser and go to localhost/magento. Click on ‘Agree and Setup Magento’.
– STEP 1: Perform a Readiness check as shown below. If you see your readiness Completed as shown then you are good to go for next step.
– STEP 2: In the next step ‘configuration page’ will appear. Enter database details as the one you created in phpMyAdmin (in my case it is magento2). Click on Next after completing those details.
– STEP 3: In next ‘web configuration step’, complete your store, and admin panel address as shown below.
– STEP 4: Now customize your store as per your requirements and click on Next.
– STEP 5: In this step, you need to create an Admin account and click on Next.
– STEP 6: In this 6th step, all you need to do is hit the ‘Install Now’ button.
5) Explore your store and admin panel
– Open your favorite web browser and go to localhost/magento. If you see the following result on the screen, then you have successfully installed Magento 2 on your system.
– Now go to localhost/magento/admin and you will see a screen like this. These login details are the one you have created in step 5 of Magento 2 installation process.